Sunday, November 8, 2009

French-inspired clay jewelry




If the Moroccan-inspired jewelry were simple clay medallions set on brass filigree, these new French-inspired pieces feature photo-transfer polymer clay tiles wrapped with filigree.

At first, I came up with simple photo-transfer tiles, like the ones I used to make when I was starting out. But I found them boring, and I wanted something new this time.

I decided I wanted them to look like delicate vintage cabs and cameos. The challenge was to make the tiles look luxurious, and it's hard to do that with polymer clay.

I set them on brass filigree, like what I did in the Moroccan collection, but the tiles looked out of place. So I tried something different - wrapping them in filigree instead of simply setting them on top of it. I think I finally got the look I was going for.

23 comments:

  1. very nice. can't wait for the rest of the collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry sold out already.

    shoot, I said more photos soon, but my phone got stolen so no more photos. huhu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this still available??? very much interested to get one... tnx

    ReplyDelete
  4. P450.

    New ones in stock at the store. Grab one now before they get sold out.

    The Beadlady
    Shop 54 Cubao Expo
    Gen. Romulo St., Cubao, Quezon City

    ReplyDelete