Thursday, February 11, 2010

More Art Clay Silver jewelry




I finally got my pieces back! These were the projects I submitted for certification.

We were required to create originally designed pieces - meaning something you didn't copy off a book or someone else's work. I planned to create yet another cupcake-themed collection, an easy way out. But in the end I challenged myself to come up with something different.

We were required to use syringe type art clay for one of the projects. I'm not particularly fond of the Secret Garden brooch, but my first attempt - a key - broke many times while I was refining the edges before firing. I did not have enough silver left to create another key, so I had to make do with the little silver I had. I like how the lettering turned out though - it's really tiny!

The Onyx pendant is one of my favorite pieces. We were required to set a natural stone, and I chose Onyx for its understated elegance.

The last piece is a cupcake solitaire ring, blogged about here: http://beadlady.multiply.com/journal/item/145/The_cupcake_solitaire

7 comments: