Friday, February 20, 2009

Something new in the world of clay




I went crazy and decided to do embroidery on polymer clay! Nightmare for my fingers, but it's worth it.

My fellow artists at the guild (PCAGOE) tell me they haven't seen anyone else making these before. To be sure, I searched all over to check if I might be unwittingly reinventing the wheel - that would suck. But I think I'm in the clear, yay! (All I found on the net was bead embroidery, but they don't look anything like these)

Started with simple back-stitching on flat clay clouds last September for the Candy Fair. This month I decided to go all out and do traditional embroidery, ala-Mexicana.

I have more pieces cross-stitched with hearts and words, will post pics after I recharge my cam.

Blogged about these here: http://beadladyangeli.blogspot.com/2009/02/something-new-polymer-clay-embroidery.html

Not for sale. yet.

26 comments:

  1. jill... you outdid yourself again!! yebaaaaaaaahh!!! galeng!!!

    just leave an offline message na lang ha? di na tayo nag abot kanina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, this is so nice! Hope you'll sell one soon or do something customized :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say your detail is phenomenal. Good work, Angeli. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your works are amazing. keep it up. I want to learn how you do those clay cupcakes and beads.... though I really don't know any workshop or where to start... :(

    ReplyDelete