Wednesday, May 28, 2008

in pain, plus updates

My body's in protest.  After 2 consecutive weekends of teaching extensive workshops  (not to mention the two consecutive days this weekend), and endless weeks of finishing cupcakery orders, I am exhausted.  But instead of passing out when bed time comes, I find myself wide awake because of pain in my back, and shooting pains in my elbows.  The curse of the chronic crafter.  Needless to say, my body's begging for rest.

In college, my doctor told me to stop beading - FOR LIFE.  If I didn't want to end up paralyzed, he said, I should stay away from my precious beads and clay.  I then had to wear an awful neck brace to school, to save my spine.  Classmates and teachers would ask me, "anong nangyari sayo??", thinking I was in a terrible car accident.  My answer, "beads".  Lol.

But I lasted only two months without my beads and clay.  I just couldn't stay away from "my precious".  It's like banning someone to eat forever.  Or taking away the oxygen in the air.  So I picked up my pliers despite doctor's orders, and began to create again.  If it weren't for my being hardheaded, Angeli's Art Beads wouldn't be here today.

But because I do not want to start wearing the damn brace again, I will have to give my fingers and back a break.  So in the coming days, I will stay away from my clay for a while, to allow my body to recover.  I won't be online too, as typing and holding the mouse makes pain shoot up my fingers.  A couple of weeks rest, max.

Spa, anyone?  I need a heavenly massage.  Seriously.

------

updates: 

1.  The last batch of cupcakery orders, paid for last month, will be sent out today.  i will send you individual emails or pms to let you know of the tracking number.

2.  New stuff will be delivered to True Love by the end of the week.  New stuff will be delivered to Peppered Cherry next week.

3.  Mini mannequins are available at the Ichigo stall in Greenhills.

4.  New schedules for the June workshops will be announced next week.

22 comments:

  1. huy jill.. seriously take a break or i will break your back for good... ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ikaw rin Pao, baka sobra ka rin busy...magkasakit ka rin.aba, health is wealth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ay pati ako pinagalitan... mel.. ako naman i take a break eh and i take yoga classes now... di pareho dyan kay jill (sige dagdagan mo sermon diyan) ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, good for you Pao! eh kasi grabe mga sked nyo ha...puro kayo busy hahaha! pano na pagnagakasakit kayong lahat...hinay-hinay lang:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. kaya nga laging dialog ko -- BAWAL MAGKASAKIT! ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. mareng jill pwedeng magpahinga...wala ka namang exam...hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  7. jill, i remember that neck brace! presswork ata when i saw you na may neckbrace! BETTER HAVE SOME REST! :) mwah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking forward to your next workshop ms. Jill. in the meantime, have some rest. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAY NAKO

    tigas kasi ng ulo mo! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. heya my dear jill....pls do take care...take a good long rest :D muwa muwa :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sis, take it easy and rest. am sure your fans will await your comeback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaay, clay party sounds ages away...=(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please take a rest. You need a break ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww, sis!:( oo nga, pahinga ka muna...

    ReplyDelete
  15. why not achie pao! tara lets bagets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. pahinga muna, angeli, hindi ka naman kukupas kahit mawala ka ng ilang linggo! have you tried seeing a chiropractor? might be better for you than the usual massage since you had scolio.

    for the hands, paraffin wax at the spa will make wonders. pamper yourself because you very well deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you ought to take in apprentices na lang :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Angeli. i'm sorry to hear about your back aches. though, i know your passion in bead and polymer clay art keeps you going. :) i'm interested in joining your advance polymer clay workshop, please let me know. i'll pm you my number. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete