Sunday, January 28, 2007

Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah Ze Muzikal

Rating:★★★★★
Category:Other
Ahlaaaaavdit!!!

Though I was low on funds, I set aside a few hundred to watch the third run of Carlo Vergara's Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah Ze Muzikal, directed by Chris Millado. It was worth every penny. It was my first time to watch a play in the Joseng Batute theater, so I didn't know the venue was so... intimate - the audience was within spitting distance of the actors.

Eula was smokin' hot! Though I'm 100% straight, I couldn't stop staring at her ass. hehe. Watching her sing live was, for lack of a better term, amazing! Unlike the divas of Sunday noontime shows on the tube, not once did Eula sing off-key despite the flying kicks and splits.

Too bad I didn't catch Agot Isidro as Queen Femina (the role was played by her alternate last night). We did see the new Dodong though, played by hottie Janvier Daily.

Didi was the star of the night, often stealing the limelight from Eula. Her delivery was unforgettable, anlandi talaga!

My favorite Didi line (spoken with a fake collegiala kaartehan):
"Dodong, can't you see I'm walking? Don't block the driveway! You Dodong ha, you're such a... blocker!"

Sana may rerun ulit, I'll definately watch again!

The only downside to the entire evening was the gay bitch in front of us. My cousin and I were, unfortunately, seated at the bleachers since the more expensive seats sold out fast. The bleacher seats, as we all know, do not have back rests. The dude in front of us had the nerve to lean against my cuz and use her legs as a back rest! How rude! I wanted to kick his ass - literally. Good thing the play was sooo entertaining, it kept my mind off Bitchy Gay Dude.

And oh, in case there's going to be another run...
1. Don't buy the bleacher tickets! Your back will hurt, trust me. Go for the more expensive tickets.
2. If you end up with bleacher tickets, just make sure you come early. This way you can choose your seats. My cuz and I arrived an hour early, but there were already people in line (pero konti palang naman).
3. Bring a digicam - just don't use it inside the theater while the play is ongoing. Save it for after the show. The cast usually waits outside then, and you can have your picture taken with them. Too bad I only had my camera phone with me.

More photos here! http://beadlady.multiply.com/photos/album/40

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I watched this last night and then wrote a review today too! We also sat in the bleachers-sold out na the reserved seats when I bought last Jan 19. Sat to the right of the stage, second row of bleachers. Got a good view naman even if we were close to the end of the row. True about how hard it is on the back to sit there but kwela ang production. Money well-spent - better than the overrated Broadway/West End show, "Mamma Mia!" One of the funniest, most entertaining musicals in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were at the second row too! When facing the stage, right side kami... Omigulay, I think magkalapit lang tayo!! I bought the tickets from Carlo V. just this friday, good thing umabot pa ako.

    ReplyDelete