Saturday, January 27, 2007

My Workspace

I finally have my own beading area! Here are some pics of my bead corner. It's still a work in progress. Hopefully, i'll finish unpacking all of my beads next month. It's going to be a long, exhausting process. Any volunteers? hehe.























 


This is my new bead table. I chose a small one because there isn't much space in my apartment. It's a great space saver - as you can see in the second pic, I can fold the ledge when I'm done working. Plus I can hide all the kalat by closing the table. yey! There are three compartments (left side) where I can store all my craft books, magazines, sewing machine, and more beads. I arranged my tackle boxes on the shelf below the table.


This is a HUGE chest of drawers that I got for a bargain! Remember when Craft World in Galleria had their closing out sale? I approached the owner and asked if I could buy her DMC display drawers. She was surprised that anyone would want to buy an old, damaged display case. I told her I was a beader and that I badly, badly needed a good storage solution. She was amused with the idea. I was supposed to buy two, but decided against it because I didn't have my own place yet, so there was nowhere I could store it. This one stayed in my boyfriend's apartment for months until I finally moved into the new place.

The left side holds the beads, the right side has the clay.I haven't transferred all my beads into the drawers yet. Organizing is tedious. sigh.

I'm going to repaint this to cover the DMC label. I hope I find the time soon.









Here are some of my beads and my clay. Click on the photos to see a larger version.
































And here is my collection of bead magazines and craft books.
















I'm going to start decorating the space after I've transferred all my beads from the bags and boxes into the chest of drawers. What do you think of my new craft space?

26 comments:

  1. Hehe. I'm planning of holding an open house soon. Wait till I get everything organized and I've finished with my new collection.ΓΌ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dapat meron kang "GRAB AS MANY AS YOU CAN IN 5 MINUTES" sa open house :D heehee! pero grabe, greenhills... so far away from katipunan :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of beads! No wonder you make unique designs hehe =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. uy, may apt ka na pala? where? hehe, so may mccrash-an na pala ako this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You're really into beading huh? Nice collection you've got!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey lapit lang katipunan to greenhills.. santolan lang eh dire diretso lang :D

    galeng mo jill ah pati cabinet ng dmc, na nenok mo, hahahahaha... see you soon bru

    ReplyDelete
  7. hiyee.. where do you get your magazines, i bought one from my friend and its Php450.. it hurt my pocket.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha teach me how to commute to greenhills :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oo nga. You have a lot of magazines. You might want to sell some of the old ones to make room for the new ones you're going to buy. Hehehe... Suggestion lang naman. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow like the dmc cabinet. how much score mo sis sana makahanap din me he he!!! buti pa u naka organize na me hanap pa ng tym :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. To those who were asking, I will NOT sell my magazines. Collection ko po sila. Hehe, dami nag send ng message e!

    peach17: P450 talaga each magazine, kahit sa bookstore. Pero I have a subscription eh, so I don't buy from the bookstore. It gets deliverd to me every month.

    Mykers: lapit sa greenhills!

    Krizia8: secret. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOOOOVE ur workspace. wish i have something like that too :) thanks for sharing!!! (hope i could visit u sometime... lapit lang pala tayo)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sis ganda grabe! kakatuwa tignan.. everything's organized.. pa-visit din.. hehe.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. woooow... drooooooolll.. grabeh ang ganda, can i stay here forever? haha! :p
    keep it up sis & i wish u all the best! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. im loving your passion for your craft atsi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so organized! yung mga clay ko nasa lunchbox lang nakalagay..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I ran out of space... napuno na yung drawers nung huge DMC chest. Would anyone know where I can buy another one, or have one made? The DMC distributor here in the Philippines won't let me order one. huhu.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness. you ran out of space :p

    ReplyDelete
  19. ^the drawers aren't overflowing naman. i want everything organized into types and colors kasi, so i segregated all the beads. so ayun, nagkulang ng drawer. huhuhu. sana talaga makahanap pa ako ng ganitong drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nako, sana. I'll PM you if ever my friends have connections to whoever sells organizers :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i need that DMC drawers din!!!! how much did you bargain po?

    ReplyDelete