Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Candy Fair 2007




I have never felt as old and out of touch with the "young ones" as I did last Saturday. Hell, I'm only 22!

But with pretty high-school-aged girls screaming their hearts out at bands I barely knew, it wasn't hard to feel ancient. I guess what the Cosmo Bachelor Bash was to me last year (didn't go this year), Candy Fair was to them.

The kids mobbed around Sam as he signed autographs, and swooned as he sang onstage. I didn't understand what all the fuss was about, as I couldn't remember being super kilig when I was at that age.

So I asked my cousin Kristine, who was also as old-ish as I was, "Nung time natin, who made us kilig?" "Patrick Garcia," she answered. And then I understood. I remembered how it was being thirteen and giggly and gaga over cute celebs. PG was my ultimate crush back then, up until I was college age. haha.

The event was a new experience for me, as most of the bazaars I joined were usually purely shopping events. I was ngarag as usual - didn't sleep a wink the night before as I was beading like crazy. My display cabinet was too bulky for the space provided, so I had to use tables instead. So my display sorta looked jumbled and unattractive, but it didn't matter in the end because the Candy girls were trooping to my space nonetheless. It was fun watching them ooh and ahh over the cupcakes, cakes, and frappes.

But I lost a cupcake. :( We don't know if it was stolen, or if the person just didn't realize na hindi pa pala bayad. :( Grabe kasi ang excitement nung mga kids.

And oh, I met Chynna for the first time! She was so sweet. :) She bought a cupcake and cake necklace from me. Her Stellar booth never ran out of customers!

Here are some nakaw pics, taken from Abby and Mai, and Ms Denz of Heartspeak (http://heartspeak.multiply.com). Super salamat po sa pics! Wasn't able to get pics from my cam because I forgot to unload the card. argh. Sayang. Wala tuloy kaming pic nila Silly Me, Ichigo and BBB.

Thanks to Brenda, Abby, and Mai who boxed out all the others and hoarded my goodies. They were there pretty early! Kung wala kayong naabutan na cupcakes, cakes, and frappes, sila ang may kasalanan! lol.

Thanks also to all the Candy girls who I met, and to multiply contacts who bought and to everyone who approached me to introduce themselves.

Cheers to Candy Mag and Mirelle! :)

more pics here:
http://koalaph.multiply.com/photos/album/33/Candy_fair_Sept_22_2007
http://naidaz.multiply.com/photos/album/64/Candy_Fair_kid_stuff_D

95 comments:

  1. it;s really nice seeing and meet you in person sis.. til next time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sis.. can i order the parfait? di me naka habol e.. sadness :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. you too! :)

    hey, ikaw ba yung nagtext? couldn't reply thru mobile kasi naubusan ako ng load. hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ay i have one pa pala, hindi ko naidisplay. :) green tea frappe, you want? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yikes, mukhang kawawa talaga booth ko! mukhang squatter lang! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this, but i didn't really like the slice thing. besides, kulang ang budget. ngek talaga ako.

    anyway, share ko lang. i introduced myself to chynna co'z she was one of my fave multiply sellers. she was so nice! then she noticed my cupcake necklace kasi suot ko and she said she wants one. i kinda said that you're also there. hehe. bumili pala siya. good for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i looked like a chaperon at the event... i'm OLD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love all the things I got from Jill...ohh love the cakes!! wish I could get more colors next time :) lav ya Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. huwaaaatttt!?!?kamusta nman ang onti-onte kong nahuhulog na damit...kahiya! =O

    ReplyDelete
  10. rose: haha, chaperon ba?

    abby: baliw ka talaga! basta project lang tayo! :-p

    more pics from Miss B. uploaded!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey jill! you felt old? guess how i felt?! hahaha! just going to the loo felt like being back in my high school, walking past the older kids. hehe. :)

    congrats on the beadlady "raid"! :)

    too bad with the lost cupcake... and i thought marco was watching everything like a hawk. heehee. :) baka he was the one who got it! secret desire... hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry about the cupcake. me i lost naman my cell phone:( hehe anyway, thanks for joining! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I asked my cousin Kristine, who was also as old-ish as I was, "Nung time natin, who made us kilig?" "Patrick Garcia," she answered.<------------------------hihihi..maka-Patrick pala kayo ni X ! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi, how much for the frappe and parfait? :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. pa add ako ng order ne'to angeli!? =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Thanks to Brenda, Abby, and Mai who boxed out all the others and hoarded my goodies. They were there pretty early! Kung wala kayong naabutan na cupcakes, cakes, and frappes, sila ang may kasalanan! lol."
    ------>natataranta pa ako while choosing what to buy kasi dumadagsa na ung mga tao sa booth e..bute nlng nde ko na tlga bmitawan ung cake and frappe ko, kung nde baka wala na akong maiuwe...ahihi

    sa Oct21 ulet ate jill, early abby catches the goodies! *hala!may ganon pa?!?hehe..* =D

    haaaay nako ate jill, makakarma din ung kumuha nong cupcake mo...mas malaki nmn ung mawawala sa kanya..bad kasi e!

    ReplyDelete
  17. talaga naman ang mga fans ano? LOYAL? jill.. baka sa global pinoy eh me mga dalang PLACARDS na yang si ms pader aka mai at si abbie? :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. walang pader na maayus pagpiktyuran sa nbc tent!!! dapat dun sa stage kaya lang baka akalain artista din ako....nyakkkkk??? nyahahahah! tsugug!

    ReplyDelete
  19. parang 50 years akong namili ng bibilhin! pati si dakilang badigard ko nalito na din..nyahahahah!! next time ulit! at mag-iipon na talaga ako..whahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for posting this, sis. sorry, di ko pa na-email sa iyo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ms. jil upload k ng new axxess pls!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi, do you still have yung frappe? how much ? :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi! do you still have stocks for the cupcake necklaces? pleease? i really want to have one e:) or two... or a parfait? :D thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. pwde po bng pa order din po nito?.ska magkanu nga po pla?

    ReplyDelete
  25. now ko lang nabasa 'to. oh no, pano yan, i'm older! -myks

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi! magkan0 p0 it0? gaan0 p0 kalaki ung pendant? txt n lng 09266324980 may disc0unt b pag bumili ak0 ng dalawa?

    ReplyDelete
  27. hi! magkan0 p0 it0? gaan0 b kalaki ung pendant? txt me 09266324980...may disc0unt p0 b kapag dalawa ung binili k0? tnx!

    ReplyDelete
  28. how much is this? is this still available?

    ReplyDelete
  29. will you have this int he global pinoy bazaar?how much?

    ReplyDelete
  30. masyado akong natutuwang tumigin ng mga cakes mo. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  31. i labs them! are they still available? :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. good enough to eat :) am salivating over this one... is it still available?

    ReplyDelete
  33. pls let us know how much these adorable accessories cost....

    ReplyDelete
  34. hi... these are so cool! how much??

    ReplyDelete
  35. is this still available? so love it! how much?:) really want it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. is this available pa? wer ko pwede mabili?! how much?! tnx

    ReplyDelete
  37. available pa ba to? and how much?

    ReplyDelete
  38. cute!..how much?..txt me..09282300142

    ReplyDelete
  39. i want to order po..,i lov ur acexory..,hmmmm hirs my # 09196355019..,sna my botique k n pwed pnthan pra mdami aq pagpilian..,Godbles 2 ur bus...,im rily amaze wd ur creativity

    ReplyDelete
  40. i super love cupcakes! available p b? how much? pls txt me, 09165014333.

    ReplyDelete
  41. i love this so much, can you make 1 ulet coz i bliv this piece is already sold, ryt? :) pls pm me (or text me) 0906.512.8649. thanks so much, ms angeli :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. hi, would like to know how much is the frappe, parfait, cupcake, cake. Please email me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  43. how much po.. pls. txt me.. i hope i can afford it hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  44. how much po ito?i wnt to buy dis one pde p po?

    ReplyDelete
  45. hi how much po?want to buy dis also?pde p po?plz

    ReplyDelete
  46. How much for the green tea frappe? Text me at 09154443080. Thanks. :3

    ReplyDelete
  47. anyone of u poh hu can gve me any product of this clay beads..,
    and hw mch..,wer i can buy..,thnx po

    ReplyDelete
  48. hi how much is the cupcake and the tiramisu and are they avialable now? you can txt your reply to 09173020257 thanks! cute gift items!

    ReplyDelete
  49. how cute nman!!!! is it edible??!! nyahaha... joke... Merry Christmas!!! =)

    http://nicegirlbianx.multiply.com/

    ReplyDelete
  50. ang cute naman talaga!!!! gusto kong kainin...hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  51. who ate that piece!!! that's mine!!! hehe... so cuuute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. woow!!so cute and fashionable!!
    how much does it cost?

    ReplyDelete
  53. sana add mo na rin yung price per item :) meron bang ice cream??? kasi i like ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  54. meron bang ice ream??? how po ang Chynna's kikay cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  55. pano po ako makakabili nito? how much po?

    ReplyDelete
  56. still available? how much (as pendant only)? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hello everyone!

    It makes us smile to see that there are still continued responses in old albums such as this. Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that the trinkets found in this album are no longer available. We accept custom orders, but as of now, orders are suspended because the waiting list is just too long. Please do watch out for our upcoming collection, Bitten. :)

    Thank you for your interest and continued support!

    ReplyDelete
  58. whaat?! you're not old! :) i adoooooore your stuff by the way! have you ever thought of making sushi pendants and necklaces? yumyumyum! ;)

    ReplyDelete